Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Wednesday night social skate

For the fifth day in a row I did some skating.  Tonight, went to the Ice Arena with Craig for a bit over an hour.  Was a smallish crowd there, not too many whom I know personally, maybe it's got something to do with combination of relative heat today, and the fact that all the hockey players are already fitting in games and trainings to their schedule.  I must admit that I probably wouldn't have gone myself, except that Craig was pretty keen.

I stayed on the ice the whole time, with edgework, a helluva lot of backwards crossovers each way, C Cuts, and both tight turns and transitions.  Maybe a dozen drilled hockey stops and a couple hundred metres spent on my toe tips.  I even tried a few three-turns in the centre circle, so my knee is definitely on the improve.

My logic was that ice time is for development of skating techniques, Knights training is for team and positional tactics, schoolyard shooting galleries are for development of hockey specific skills (ie stick and puck), games are for fun and for the compete.

Five days of skating though, takes it out of one, I think I'll go to bed rather than work on my promised Knights v Sharks game day post.

No comments:

Post a Comment