Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 30 August 2014

Off ice update

Much like with my actual skating, I have let my off ice exercise program decay over the past three weeks.  The week I went on a Victorian road trip with the missus I did nothing off ice, though that was a matter of choice as we'd packed our equipment and gear just in case.  Upon return, I continued with the 'rest' for another week, though this was more lazy inertia than it was a conscious choice (eg because I had better use for my time.  I didn't.).

After my most recent game and Sunday Skate I left open the possibility that I would take advantage of the lengthening days by getting a short skate in after work if it was possible.  Turns out, for the week it wasn't (mainly due that my hours have effectively jacked up over the past couple of months).

So, on Monday I forced myself to pull out the weights and put in the effort.  To make it easy I did it while I was cooking dinner (added bonus, you get to eat immediately after the session).  I limited myself to a single upper body circuit, with the only enhancement being that I did 15 reps of all sets except the overhead lifts (where I still did 10).

Tuesday and Wednesday, I repeated the dose.  Poor discipline, I know, in that I didn't break it with core/lower body work.  But, hey, I actually found myself wanting to do the upper body so I went with it on this occasion.

Thursday, took a day off of exercise in accord with good practice.

Friday, onset of current illness (had felt it coming on on Thursday), no exercise despite the glorious weather and having a day off sick.

Today, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment