Fridge

Fridge

Tuesday 2 September 2014

EOI's, registration and the core

The Vikings are looking for expressions of interest to play in the coming summer season.  I've sent mine in, nominating that I continue to play Div II with the Wheelers.  There's a few major changes to the Club's operation next season.  If granted, my choice would result in me playing every Saturday evening between 6pm start and 7:30pm finish (Div II, two games in the period, each game with halves of 20 minutes).  A new junior 'premium' division has been formed, they and the existing junior divisions will play before us on a Saturday.  Division 1 and Pro League will play on Sunday afternoons.  Not only do I think I am not quite Division I standard yet, I also think that I couldn't make many of the games on a Sunday. 

Why not?

Ice Hockey season starts soon!  They'll be playing mainly on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays.  Registration is being urged now, with first instalment of season fee to be paid by a date later this month.  Looks like it'll start shortly after then.  That will be my third year of skating, my second year of hockey.  I'll need to get registered once I've been paid.

So, it's about a month to go before I'll be playing two competitive games of hockey a week.  I'll be stepping up the inline skating as the days get longer.  Will need to be showing my face on the ice for at least one session a week of skating.  There won't be a lot of time to continue the physical 'off ice' training.  Which gives me a month to conclude my project to build strength, and to pump up my match conditioning.

To this end, after my 'sick leave' on Thursday and Friday, I did twin circuits of lower body/core exercise on Saturday and Sunday.  Monday was a day off.  Tonight, another twin circuit on core/lower.  I'll keep this up for maybe a couple more weeks (interspersing with upper body sessions), and then wind back the 'gym' work and step up the High Intensity Stuff (eg my River Skate Sprints from Sunday) in the lead up to the summer season.

Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment