Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Recovery

Tonight was my second night in a row with no skating or hockey training.  That's a first in a long time! Since January, to be precise (trip to Quorn) and, before that, December (when I picked up the inlines).

Last night, it was raining and I was exhausted after a busy day at work.  But I still watched the Habs (Montreal Canadiens) beat the (Boston) Bruins on the telly.  And even listened to a bit of Habs Radio before I watched the game.  Excessive?  Maybe, but that's hockey for ya.

Tonight, I didn't race off to Vikings Training as treasured family were visiting.  It isn't every day your daughter cooks you tea and you get the chance to put the four year old mister to bed.  To that, hockey can take a second seat.  Actually, with young A, Hockey is always good to have to watch instead of cartoons if he's in the mood.  And we have a ball skating and doing a bit of stick and puck work.  He says he's gonna be a hockey player...

And this evening, just when I thought I might be getting the guilts for not going skating at all (not even a tinsy wincy bit) it rained a little.  Nature agreeing with my choice to get exhausted at home rather than on the road.

Which has been great for the minor strain I felt in the groin muscle upon returning home on Monday night.  I don't think I aggravated anything specifically that night, but it became evident (been there just on the edge of feeling for quite a while).  I gave it a bad tear back when I was a teenager and every now and again it flares a little.  Hopefully, by not skating at all for a couple days, it's had a chance to go back to normal.

And, hopefully tomorrow I can go skating!

No comments:

Post a Comment