Fridge

Fridge

Monday 24 March 2014

Personal Training - The 300

For one reason or another I was even later leaving home for a bit of shooting practice tonight than I was last night.  I cut a minute or two by skating down my street in a straight line, keeping the stride going all the way to the point of a sharp left turn into the front gate of the primary school.  On the rink (netball court), didn't muck around with my gear etc, and was gloved up within the minute.  Resolved to myself to concentrate almost entirely on my shooting tonight (conscious of where the sun is), and to keep the pace going (ie. no overly deliberated shots, no fancy skating for the fun of it, etc).

300 shots.  Four sets of 25 each from the 15' circle: snap (9), wrist (6), forward facing (3), backhand (1).  Then 50 wristshots from the 30' line (8).  Three or so 'freestyle' skate-in-and-shoot moves from centre for a 'break'.  Then 14/75 wrist shots at 15', followed by final sets of 25 at the same distance: snap (6), forward facing (5) and backhand (5).

Closed off the session by 2 1/2 laps with the backhand puck on the outside (almost full speed after the first lap) and, on the third try, a complete circuit with it on my backhand on the inside (similarly almost full speed, light beginning to disappear).

Skated home in the gloom, driving myself up the home hill with less strides than yesterday at less cost to the constitution.  Total time, just on 1 1/2 hours.  Temp 17'C, humidity in the high 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment