Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 3 September 2015

Off Season Day 64

Aug 30 Rest
Aug 31 Stickhandling, Agility
Sep  1  Ice, Stickhandling
Sep  2  Legs, Vikings Training


On August 30 I was getting over a long weekend and so made it my third rest day in a row.  Not a regular practice (it gets harder to start up again with each day off) but it was nice to give the body a break as I enter the stretch period before the ice season starts.

On August 31 I started simple, with 20 minutes stickhandling in the morning and an opportunist chance to do some agility exercises during a quiet moment during an evening engagement (with no other opportunity to do more (such as Power & Edges) this was as good as it got - almost but not quite another day of rest).

On September 1 I started spring with 15 minutes of stickhandling and then went down the Ice Arena at midday for 45 minutes of concentrated effort.  Went through all the basic technical points Corey had led us through the week before and then powered through three sets of line sprints for some conditioning training.  A complete sprint set took 30s, I gave myself 2 1/2 minutes between each sprint set.  It was easier to do than the previous occasion.  Intention is to increase the number of sets and reduce the recovery times before season starts.

In the morning of September 2 I powered through my complete set of leg exercises (sans squats and lunges) in thirty minutes.  Felt a lot better for it, noticed how I was able to complete full sets of everything (including 3 sets of 10 leg raises) with bare seconds between exercises to fit it in the time available, pleased.

In the evening I was at Gawler for resumption of Vikings training.  There were only ten people there so it was a fairly free flowing but continual session.  Shooting to start with, followed by variants of the house drill (with only two forwards and one chasing D, adding a backchecking D and passing elements), finishing with a expanding battle game that grew from 1 to 5 players per side depending how the game developed.  Great fun.

Ice 32
Inline 53

No comments:

Post a Comment