Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 30 August 2015

Off Season Day 60

27 August Legs, Ice (tech/sprints), Stickhandling
28 August Rest
29 August Rest

August 27 began with a morning legs workout before breakfast.  Brought back supine lateral leg lifts to the mix (ten each side for 5s) and traditional and figure four squats (sets of ten for the former, five each leg for the later).

In the afternoon I went down the Ice Arena for a fairly concentrated 45 minute session.  I did the various drills Corey had led us through on Monday, with the addition of several repetitions of my (wide) lateral line drill and three line sprints as an anaerobic workout.

In the evening I spent about twenty minutes on a lino floor with golf ball and hockey stick.  Am already noticing the difference in the softness of my hands and, correspondingly, in the increased degree of control of the ball.

I then went up country with the Missus on August 28 and 29.  I took the opportunity to concentrate on what was happening around me in the world, didn't even think of hockey for a couple days, let alone maintain my off season program.  As long as I get back into it sooner rather than later the break will do me no harm, and quite probably will add to my overall progress as I enter the final intense fortnight before the season starts.

Overall for Week 8 I think I did okay.  I have given the week a 'yellow' rating because for once I ticked all of the boxes, albeit didn't really reach required level for either aerobic (only one run) or anaerobic (counted my ice line sprints, but still did no hardcore interval training) activity.  It will be interesting if I can get back to green entries during the stretch.

Ice 31

No comments:

Post a Comment