Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 1 April 2015

River Skate with skating drills

For the first time in a long time I went for a skate down near the river last night.  I had earlier packed my bag and set off for the school with stick in hand, only to find that there were still quite a few people around there following the school's sports day.  So I decided to respect the fact that it is 'their' school and kept on skating.

I ended up on my 'short circuit' along the near side of the river.  About half way along what is the smoothest bit of path I've come across within several kilometres I took about twenty minutes out to go up and down the path doing continuous transitions either way, testing how fast and how tight a turn I can do with my hard rear wheels, generally relaxing and having fun.  While I did this there was the usual passing parade of bike riders/commuters, joggers, walkers and dog companions passing by.  About a quarter of them acknowledged me, a quarter tried to ignore me (heaven help us if we interact with strangers) and the remaining half seemed blissfully unaware of me as they watched their phone and listened to their music.  Quite silly, really, how ignorant some people are as it was a beautiful evening.

I got home and was buzzing from the exercise and the aesthetic of it all.  Have to do it more often when I can, not just concentrate on technical things like shooting and stickhandling.

Inline 24

No comments:

Post a Comment