Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 25 April 2015

A HUGE Sunday!

Last Sunday was a big day.  I got to watch my first Pee Wee game as one of my grandsons played his first ever hockey game.  The Puck God then smiled on Edmonton and the ping pong balls of the draft lottery fell our way, securing first pick in what sounds like the best draft in over a decade or three.  And then I got to play till I puked with some friends down at Noarlunga for the first shinny of the year.  What a day!

Pee Wee Penguins!

Blake played his first ever game, accounted well for himself.  You could see him learning the ropes as the minutes passed.  Will be really cool to watch him develop.  Nancy recorded almost the whole game.  I pulled out his bits and put them together onto three youtube clips (below), having finally worked out how to do so in HD.  I hope he enjoys and wish him all the best.

First Period
Second Period
Third Period

Puck God guides the Ping Pong Balls

In the NHL all teams who don't make the playoffs have a chance of winning the first pick in the upcoming draft.  This is done by way of a lottery, with the thirtieth placed team having the best chance of winning, the seventeenth having the least chance.  The Oilers had ended up 28th, giving them a 11/5% chance.  This would be the fourth first in six years if the Puck God smiled on them.  The prize was the right to draft Connor MacDavidThings started looking up in Edmonton from the moment we won the pick.  This kid is amazing.

Play till you puke!

To cap off a great day I made my way down to Noarlunga for the first for the year of the occasional shinnies that are organised amongst my peers in C Grade.  Unfortunately there were a lot less of us than had originally stuck their hands up, six actually.  Which meant playing 2 on 2 for an hour was absolutely exhausting (especially as am coming off a lung complaint over the previous week), so I got to feel that strange pride that comes from playing till you puke.

A Great Afternoon to end off a Great Day!

Ice 23 

No comments:

Post a Comment