Fridge

Fridge

Friday 13 March 2015

Wednesday Night falls

Went to the Ice Arena with Jess and Craig on Wednesday night.  Not too many other players there, though did catch up with Lachy and Phil (Sharks).  Swapped notes about our game on Sunday.  Clarified how Lachy's goal came about, and what Phil did (or rather, tried to do) to me that earned him a penalty in my last shift of the season (notes on these events to be posted when I finally post up a summary of my game).

Jess kept working on her backwards technique, Craig intermittently so.  I gave a few pointers to her.  She's come quite a ways and the 'c cut' technique is now evident.  She was showing this to me in the end zone on one occasion, with Craig doing the same from the opposite direction and neither of them looking behind them, when I realised there was going to be a collision.  Which there was, bum to bum and they both went down hard.  Jess was a bit shook up and managed to resprain her netball injured finger on landing.  Hopefully won't put either of them off.

I kept to my usual routine in a social skate, holding moderate to high pace throughout, concentrating on backwards skating and changes of direction.  Not to be out done with Jess and Craig's collision I managed to tumble myself to the ice while practicing my stops, had to control my fall at risk of ramming my head into the boards.  This later shook me more than the fall itself.  Good lesson.

A bit of leg tiredness the next day, but as always was good fun.  Not too many of these Wednesday sessions left now before the A Graders take over the rink.

Ice 21

No comments:

Post a Comment