Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 14 March 2015

Friday Evening shoot

With the Prelim Final at Gawler only one day away I went down to the primary school for another round or two of shooting practice in my inlines on the netball court.  I didn't do a great deal of other drills, limiting to a few figure eights with transitions each way and a bit of deking with the hockey ball while I skated circuits of the court between rounds of shots.

The shooting was pretty standard, being four sets of 25 shots each from the edge of the netball goal circle at the goal post, each set being a different species of shot (wrist snap, wrist shot, forward snap, backhand).  I again felt that my shooting has moved up a notch, not reflected so much in the numbers as in the power and ease of the shots, and the number of narrow misses.

I did two rounds of my four shot circuit, results were reasonable: 5/4/9/3 and 6/9/7/4.

The other perhaps significant thing I noticed was the relative ease with which I maintained a good hockey posture while skating to and from the school (ie. chin over knee over toe, back is upright and knees have a bend).  It felt very natural.  If this is an evolution in my skating it will be welcome after over a year because it leads to better balance and power, tighter turns and stronger strides.  On the trip up the hill home, for instance, I did it in equivalent to record low number of paces.  I also didn't feel too stretched when hit overspeed at various times off of five strides from a moving start.

Will see if this comes out against the Shufflers in the final.

Inline: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment