Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 1 March 2015

Age doth not weary him...

I've got a lot of experience and there's a lot of young guys. It's even making me excited a little more. It's kind of a new life. At my age, I feel like I know a lot of things what to do, but I just cannot do it anymore. It's a lot easier to tell them what to do because they've still got the legs and hands to do it. I just know things, but I cannot do them anymore.
— Jaromir Jagr after making his Panthers debut in a win against the Sabres on Saturday

NHL.com likes its quote for the day.  Today, the above was the quote (it'll probably be different by the time you look at it).  I think it shows the value of continuing to play the grizzled veterans, for them as well as the organisation.

Not that I'm kidding myself, being a few years senior to Jaromir.  With my combined total of 60 ice and inline hockey games (as of tonight) I am only now beginning to experience the sense of 'play' on the ice, and only now feeling a sense of comfort within my body and its abilities.  But there are still things us older players can show some of the younger guys.

So, as long as we can hold our spot on the basis of our ability, we should be able to keep on playing.  And so should Jaromir.

No comments:

Post a Comment