Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 19 February 2015

Evening Skate

Rather than go down the Ice Arena last night I spent the hour before sunset on my inlines down at the primary school playing around with pucks and my hockey ball.  It was the first time I've been since school returned.  I was pleased to see they've remarked the netball court and swept it regularly.  The kids would appreciate it.

With the pucks, my usual hundred shots of four kinds from the 15' circle.  Although accuracy was low average (5/6/5/3) I was generating a bit more power and follow through.  I held the stick a bit lower with my right hand, led to an increased feeling of certainty and control.  Also seemed to be moving into my shots more naturally (weight transfer).

Before, after and in between my sets of shots I used the hockey ball to practice my stickhandling.  Only short drills, concentrating on basic technique.  Forward facing circuit, keeping puck in front of me (both ways), backwards up and down the court, transitions.  Felt a bit of an improvement in control and speed through the session.

Relatively strong strides on the trip home, the trip up the hill accomplished with as few strokes as ever have (not particularly striving for this goal, but using a more 'deliberate' stride each occasion).  Got home as the sun dipped below horizon and had a big meal.

There is a bit of a rattle from my front wheels after their recent service.  But it doesn't detract from the skating and upon examination afterwards everything seems to be holding together well enough.

Good to be back again.

Inline 7

No comments:

Post a Comment