Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 8 January 2015

Wednesday on ice water

We've had a cool summer this year, generally speaking, so it was only last night, after five days over 35'C, that we finally got that special experience that ice skating in Australia offers, skating on the ice water as the power burns at the rink as more people than usual come to challenge it in its task of keeping the rink cold.  Who can blame the people for coming?  For me and Craig it was a blessed relief from the muggy heat outside.

We were there only about seventy minutes, but both stayed on the ice throughout.  Again, I hadn't taped my knee so had to keep my exertions in check.  I stayed active, however, and kept a reasonable pace up throughout.  Concentrated somewhat on my edges.

My skates no longer keep piling on the pain as they get broken in (this would have been my sixth hour of skating in them).  The discomfort at the end was no worse than it was after five minutes.  Hopefully this means I am coming through the worst of breaking in the boots.  Just in time for training to recommence next week.

I went over twice, and two narrow misses after my edge caught on the right foot.  Didn't hurt myself, but got a bit wet.

Ice 2

No comments:

Post a Comment