Fridge

Fridge

Friday 9 January 2015

Return to Off Ice Training

With just over a week before returning to the back half of the Ice Hockey season I thought it was about time to get back into some sort of training regime.  On Tuesday Knights training recommences, but that and the once or twice more I'll get onto the ice won't be enough in itself.  Justine recommended a bit of running in the lead up, but it's been too hot over the past week and now it's pouring with rain (typical Australia, we had both fire and flood stories leading the news bulletin yesterday and today), and I was never much for running for running's sake.

So I put myself through a shortened workout of all three major muscle groups that I was concentrating on before the season (ie upper body, lower body, core).  Only did one complete circuit with ten reps on each exercise.  Burned energy, but not extremely so.  The knee and its surrounding muscle groups strained a little to keep up, but no dramas.

It's been over three months since I was last game to work out to this extent. Will see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment