Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 1 January 2015

Sad Streaming News - Demise of Wiziwig

Only a week after I found it, Wiziwig has been (hopefully temporarily) shut down by its operators in response to changes to regulatory environment in its host nation Spain.  If you read the blurb I've linked to you'll see the explanation.  In short, the Spanish have made it so that on the unsubstantiated complaint of a broadcaster they can fine and will soon be able to jail the site operators without recourse to court of law (ie as an administrative action of government).

At the risk of sounding political, it's this sort of governmental lackeying to capitalist conglomerates that is the greatest threat to about the only thing going that offers humanity a way out of its global race towards environmental and cultural destruction, the internet.

Sigh.

I've located a couple other streaming sites for those leagues that aren't shown here at all.  I'll post the links when I've ensured to my own satisfaction that they don't damage the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment