Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 1 January 2015

Final Skate of 2014

Wednesday afternoon our band of four brave skaters somehow managed to coordinate our busy holiday schedules to sneak in a final visit to the Ice Arena for 2014.  Jess, Craig and me continued to break in our new skates, B continued to buzz around and have fun as is his wont.

Jess hasn't had much dramas with her skates, continues to work on her backwards skating.  Will soon be doing crossovers is my bet.

Craig is displaying obstinacy worthy of our family, continuing to persevere through the pain of his new Vapors.  I think he was beginning to flag after about an hour, to be rescued by B and his enthusiasm showing him a few basic maneuvers.  To Craig's credit, he hung in there to the end and I think realised that the pain was becoming less than an issue than it had been.  Maybe he won't have to trade in his skates afterall?!

For me, my 160s started out smooth but after an hour had developed into all around ache in the feet.  So I took the old school approach, took them off for a wee while and had a cuppa and a smoke while my feet recovered.  When I laced them up again I noticed that there was again no pain and, an hour later, very little ache.  Maybe the end is in sight of this process for me also?

Here's to 2014 which was a very good year for me and mine and our skating in Adelaide!

And here's hoping that 2015 becomes a very good year to me, mine, and all the regular readers of Puck'n'Skate!

No comments:

Post a Comment