Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 10 December 2014

My New Hockey Stick - Easton Stealth RS

After the game on Sunday I popped into the skate shop to get myself a new hockey stick.  I'd actually called in before the game, but there was no one there so I had left it till later and headed off to the change rooms. 

This had all followed a visit to the shop earlier that day with A, and together the two of us checking out the sticks and various other equipments within the store.  I had been looking for a stick with a lighter flex, and not as long as my Vapor had been.  I couldn't find anything that was 'just right' at a reasonable price.  I had been about to leave the racks of sticks and go away and think about it a bit more when A, bless him, seemed to randomly pick one stick that I imagine to him looked just like the dozen or more sticks stacked on either side of it, and say 'what about this one, grandpa?'  So I had a look at it.  It was an Easton Stealth RS with a flex rating of 65.  It was relatively short already, meaning I wouldn't need to cut much off and that therefore the flex wouldn't be pushed too high (a consequence of shortening a stick is that it becomes more rigid).  And it was on special.  It's like the kid knew!

So I went and bought the stick after my game.  It weighs a lot less than my Bauer Vapor, and has a lot more give in it.  Hopefully this will help me a bit in my game, I got the feeling that my Vapor stick is designed for a much bigger and heavier person than me.  And I had had to take inches off of it.

I'll use the RS on the ice, the Vapor for inline, my wooden Easton for street hockey.  The general sturdiness of the Vapor is quite handy in inline, it's taken (and probably given) quite a lot of damage over this year.  The ice is for slickness, and its almost frictionless surface is best suited to the supposedly slightly fragile RS.

Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment