Fridge

Fridge

Friday 28 November 2014

Wednesday Skate

I went down the Ice Arena on Wednesday night with Jess and Craig.  It kind of fell together at the last moment so they weren't properly prepared and had to borrow some long sleeved tops of mine so they didn't freeze.  It ended up with the three of us in similar but different hockey sweaters.  Jess made my St Louis Blues jersey look great, Craig was happy to wear a Canucks top, and I wore my CKA St Petersburg one.  So we were all in royal blue.  Looked like quite the trio!

It was busier than the week before, probably at least seven or eight hockey players that I know of doing laps.  I took it fairly easy, not at any stage pushing the envelope in terms of speed.  I did drive myself fairly hard doing lateral moves with reverse crossovers, particularly to the left (ie against the usual anticlockwise flow of social skating sessions).  I was beginning to feel like I was nailing it in the last few minutes, noticed a few of my opposition friends watching me out of the corner of their eyes as I did so.  That gave me more of a sense of affirmation than my own judgement.

Jess and Craig and I are likely to be there again on Saturday in the early afternoon, along with a couple of young ones.  'A' has his first pair of skates and is soooo keen to use them.  How could I say 'no' to the invite?!  This despite having to get up to Gawler for the early inline game in the evening.

Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment