Fridge

Fridge

Monday 22 September 2014

Sunday Skate - icing it

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day so, having nothing better to do, I hopped on a bus and headed down the Ice Arena (Nancy was up in the Flinders Ranges with our car).  I spent about seventy minutes on the ice and was gone from home less than two and a half hours (total travel cost = $1.85 as I managed to get on the return bus within two hours of boarding my ride there, excellent value).

It certainly wasn't crowded.  Which made things easy for me to concentrate on my goal, continuing to realign my muscles and neural pathways to the needs of the ice (and to push out my conditioning a bit).  I did about eighty stops, most of them in the corners concentrating initially on just maintaining balance but graduating to lifting the 'front' foot up for a crossover the other way while I was still in motion.  This is my newest way of trying to get the 'knack' of stopping on the outside edge alone.  Still haven't got it, but hopefully I will. 

I did maybe twenty or so 3-turns, of which maybe five were good ones.  Again, keep working on it is the goal.  The rest of my time was spent on tight turns forwards and backwards, transitions both ways along the boards, and about fifteen sprints between the blue lines to overspeed.  I went over about three times, twice onto my knees and the final time I would have ended up on them but managed to keep my legs above the ice by sliding on toe tips and hands.  No injuries.  All good.

This morning, could feel it in the groins in particular.  Still a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment