Fridge

Fridge

Friday 12 September 2014

Intellectual goons - I'm a Knight again!

This evening I finally got around to registering with the S.A. Ice Hockey League, enabling me to play in the upcoming summer season.  C Grade has changed, with four teams forming a First Division, six teams in a Second.  Not having played in Premium (winter) League, I'm by default in Div II.  Of the teams available I nominated myself into the Knights.  Three others had done so, Tom Andy and Michael.  I noticed that there's four, three, two and none in four of the other teams, with about fifty names in the sixth (nominated as a 'collection point' for names that will be subsequently distributed amongst the teams).  Because I'm a Knight, and because there was an evil rumour that the team that would be cut would be ours (apparently a bunch of 'intellectual goons'), I decided to vote for my team at the same time as selecting myself for it.  We'll see if it works.

*

Off ice, I have stepped up the frequency of my strength training as I approach the transition point to more play based training and conditioning.  This evening, a couple circuits upper.  This morn, couple circuits lower.  Yesterday eve, lower.  Wednesday eve, upper.  Wednesday morn, lower.  Tuesday eve, upper.  I can feel the effect and am quite pleased that I have stuck it out so far.

This weekend, I'll have to lace on my skates and start the move to getting in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment