Fridge

Fridge

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Sunday Skate - four ice-skateers

Yesterday afternoon I went skating with the three Lizard Kids, by popular demand.  They'd been up pretty late, and I'd been up ridiculously late watching the F.A. Cup Final (ended at 3.30am our time), so it took a bit of finessing to keep every one moving (except for B, who was keen as mustard to get out on his new skates) and it didn't help that I forgot my skates and we had to go back and get them.  Be that as it may, we got there about 1:30pm, leaving us one and a half hours before an early closing of the rink to allow for preparation for the Adrenaline game an hour later.

J seems to have relaxed and isn't trying to prove himself outwardly, and hence looks much more confident and natural.  B continues to push himself and try out new techniques, not afraid to drill on the boards in his stationary moments and getting a buzz out of life on the edge (quite literally, as he is discovering the importance of his edges on the ice also).  E just looks cool, and had worked her way onto the big ice by the time the session had ended.

Me, I didn't do anything too much in particular and just basically went through a lot of my various 'moves' and 'projects' but in a non dogmatic and playful manner.  Always looking for a gap in the crowd to give me a few seconds of freedom I continued to work on my exit from transition from rearward to forward skating with a left leading foot.  It's becoming a bit more natural to take an inside line with my right foot rather than crossing over as I had unconsciously been training myself to do.

Quite a crowd had gathered for the game by the time we were leaving.  As cool as it would have been to stay we were all buggered and needed to get back to our respective homes before sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment