Fridge

Fridge

Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Conflict?

After over a year of contact with hockey training and competitions, my day job has finally directly intruded into the structure of my season other than in the most obvious way (ie late stay at work means can't get to training).  It has happened when I realised today while at work (I am a legal aid criminal defence lawyer when not dressed in my armour) that there is a police prosecutor playing in the inline competition.  We get on quite well personally and I don't think we'd actually become compromised if we got put into the same team over winter, but how would you feel if your lawyer was literally in the opposition's team?

So I let the organisers know that, if they feel they must mix up the inline teams for next season, we shouldn't be placed on the same team.

All cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment