Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Drafted, Not...

Upon publishing the last post, the teams for winter 'premier' C Grade were published.  I didn't make the cut.  It seems, no-one in my cohort (those who have been learning to skate'n'puck for same period as me or less) was picked either, so I guess I can live with it on that basis.  Still, disappointed I must admit.  The nagging question in me is, if I'd been able to make the second try outs, whether it would have been any different (progressing, as I am, from week to week at the moment in my ability to play hockey).

The Knights had four players selected, which is probably a bit below what you'd think their quota should be.  The four chosen were probably the four that I'd have chosen if had to pick.  They were also perhaps four of the five most senior players (measured by years in competition).  Good luck to them.

For me, I'll live with the disappointment.  It does clear the path a bit for winter.  Committed only to inline hockey, I'll probably not get a lot of skating in for the next few months.  Vikings Training on Wednesdays, Saturday game, Sundays a social skate more often than not.  Occasionally, hockey academy or perhaps a shinny.

Working primarily on puck'n'stick, fitness and hockey sense.

See if I can't surprise them next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment