Fridge

Fridge

Monday 4 January 2016

2016 - Welcome!

It's a month and a half since I last posted, the first lengthy break I've had from posting on this blog since it began.  It's funny how being slack with one game day review leads to a procrastinating guilty failure to blog the next, and the training session, and the milestones, and before you know it months can go by and then, no doubt, you can think 'why bother?' and that becomes the end of it all.  So, to avoid the last terminal step, I've posted this up in an effort to catch up with where my journey's taken me, and kick start the blogging process into the new year of skating, hockey and general all-round fitness and fun!

Ice Hockey Games Summary

Five games since last posting:

Rangers (2) d Knights (1)  4 PIMs
Knights (5) d Kings (3)  +2
Knights (3) d Storm (1)
Knights (9) d Generals (4) +2 0-2-2 2 PIMs
Knights (3) d Sharks (1) +1

GP 12 G 2 A 3 Pts 5 +6 8/3/1 10 PIMS

The Knights are a game clear in 3rd position on the ladder.  Starting on January 10th we play four games over three weeks to finish off the regular season.  We haven't quite clinched a playoff spot but are getting close.  I've continued to play defence, generally on the first pairing (when we have pairs and are not just rotating between three of us).

Roller Hockey Game Summary

Three games since last posting:

Mavericks (11) d Shufflers (0) +6 4-1-5 2 PIMS
Snipers (5) d Mavericks (4) 2-0-2
Mavericks (5) d Shufflers (4) +2 3-1-4

GP 6 G 16 A 9 Pts 25 +19 5/1/0 6 PIMS

The Mavericks are on top of the ladder due a superior goal tally and difference, though tied on points with the Snipers.  We have four games left in regular season, starting in February, followed by an elimination game and (hopefully) a grand final.  I am leading the Division in points, goals and assists.  For the first time since I played, all four teams have a degree of parity at the moment and it is a really good competition.

On-rink training Summary

4 inline training sessions at Gawler, the most recent being on 2 December.
8 ice training sessions, the most recent being 15 December.
2 public ice skating sessions, the most recent being 30 December.

I'll deal with my off-rink training, fitness data, and general thoughts in a later post.  For now, I'll leave it all by saying that I was on the ice 74 times over 2015 and in my inline skates 65 times.  It was a pretty good year!

Ice 74
Inline 65

No comments:

Post a Comment