Fridge

Fridge

Monday 28 September 2015

Skating to the Smooth Sounds

On Wednesday night last week I went for a skate during public hours, seeing as A Grade hockey is over for the season and Wednesdays therefore return to being public scouting with Steve the DJ and his classic rock repertoire.  There were about a half dozen youthful figure skaters doing their thing prior some competition and maybe a dozen or so other skaters who were there for (most) of the time I was. 

It will get busier as people get used to Wednesday nights being open again so it was nice to take advantage of the relatively clear ice.  I'd been a bit slack on my training in the final week of pre-season (ie. none) so I wanted to use the time as well I could to help me be ready as the first game of the season was the following night.  As my most recent skating experience had been at the Inline Final four days earlier I thought some practice with my edges and basic skating techniques (as well as an implied Cardio Respiratory workout) was probably the best I could achieve. 

So that's what I did for ninety minutes, concentrating particularly on recovery periods, pivots, stride technique and tight turns.

Was nice to be back on a Wednesday night again.

Ice 37
 

No comments:

Post a Comment