Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 2 August 2015

Off Season Day 33 - Injured Recovery

2 Aug - Rest

On Sunday 2 August I had an enforced rest day due injury.  The night before I'd been thinking that due the leg muscle strain from the game the night before I wouldn't be able to do anything that activated the upper hamstring / glute interface, but I could do specially selected core exercises and strength work.  Definitely no interval training until I am ready.

Alas, this was not to be.  Because I have become naggingly aware of a right inner lower bicep strain (minor aggravation of previous hyperextension of the elbow?).  This is probably due something I did in the wee hours, lifting a bunch of heavy music gear around.  Bottom line of this, is that has put paid to arms and upper core work also.  Which basically cuts out pretty well everything.  So I spent quite a while lounging around with about twenty minutes of icing on the leg for every two to four hours.  As for the arm, am just observing the strain as I work through daily life, try and figure out if simple rest or a more active treatment is advisable.

Assuming I don't get back to the program in the next day or two, this week will be a relative write off in terms of off ice progress.  So it won't qualify for a green highlight on the sidebar chart that is up presently.  However, it's not like I've slackened off or anything, so I won't colour it red.  Maybe a neutral yellow will do.  We'll see.

In any event, I obviously didn't take up on the offer to skate as a reserve in Division I.  Hopefully I get another chance when able to take up on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment