Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 25 July 2015

Off Season Day 25 (Early)

This is a fairly short post, aiming to record my progress through the first part of the fourth week of my off season program.

22 July  Vikings Training
23 July  Arms
24 July  Run
25 July *projected* Wheelers game / upper body / core

I'll classify Vikings Training as a combination of legs and anaerobic workouts, though would prefer to have been able to have a off-rink session in the morning as well.

On Thursday I increased the intensity and duration of my weights session with the upper body.  Essentially, increased weight from 4kg to 6kg for curls, curl/lifts and behind head lifts (left it at 4kg for the forwards and sideways straight arm extensions), increased number of reps in a set to seven, increased number of circuits to two.  Concluded session with ten behind back chair lifts.  Left recovery at two minutes between sets.  I am hitting moderate fatigue in all types of lift now.  Felt fatigue in arms on Friday.  Would have preferred to have worked in an upper core session as well.

On Friday I ran my 3.25km circuit in 25 minutes (including mid phase stretches).  The running portions of the circuit are longer and generally a little quicker, the walking recoveries between running stretches are shorter and more controlled, I added several 20-30 metre sprints into the run during the third quarter of the circuit.  Only reached minor fatigue in legs in the final quarter, sweat raised before half way, never totally out of breath.  Would have preferred to have worked out legs immediately afterwards as well.

Today by schedule is a 'rest' day (albeit, have an inline game this evening which I'll again qualify as a legs/anaerobic session).  However, due the fact that I didn't achieve the density of training I had hoped for over the past three days I'll also try and work in an upper core / arms workout.

At this stage I will give myself a 'low pass' for my programmed performance.  I won't be too hard on myself about it, all the 'failures' were due to 'real life' intrusions into my daily schedules.  I will have to get more disciplined about it, however, because these things are going to occur with increasing regularity over the coming weeks and I don't want to lose my momentum and become unbalanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment