Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 5 February 2015

Wednesday Drills

I went with Craig and Jess to the Ice Arena for regular Wednesday night social skate last night.  Jess stayed about an hour, Craig and I about ninety minutes.  There were less skaters than the previous week.  More figure than hockey skaters this week.  Music had more of a funk/pop edge.  Says something...

I spent most of my time working on backwards quick acceleration, using initial c-cut then driving with the cross under the crossover (it paid off tonight in the Knights' game, but more on that later) and putting my finishing touches on technique of transiting from backwards to forwards.  I had gone and looked at a few youtubes (m2hockey, to be precise) the night before, watched some vids I'd last watched half a year or longer ago, picked up the message that I'd obviously not been ready to pick up the first time through, try and keep the feet under the body (but don't stand up) during heel to heel transitions.  It seemed to solve most if not all of the problems I was having with the maneuver and was just a nice natural completion to the training I've been doing on it the last  few months.

Good stuff.

Ice 11

No comments:

Post a Comment