Fridge

Fridge

Thursday 26 February 2015

Skatin' with da A

On Sunday I was going to take it easy for a change, taking advantage of the Knights' final bye for the season to have a complete Sunday off the ice (!), when I was asked to get my skates on and spend an hour or so on the rink with the A (5).  'A pretty cool thing to do on a 37C day,' I thought, and so headed down to join up with Jess, Craig and the A.

Started on the small rink, where was soon skating at a moderate pace around amongst the falling beginners, hand in hand with A and chatting away.  He was pretty alert to what he was about, dodging around stumbling skater a couple times and avoiding being stumbled on a couple of others.  It wasn't long and it was time to head on to the big ice.

We spent the next hour skating around at a moderate pace, occasionally Jess giving me a spell so I could sprint off for a quick trip around forwards or backwards as the whim took me.  He's come so far in such a short time that it's almost scary, less than a handful of lessons and maybe that many further hours since December last year and he's already up to learning to stop and moving backwards (I reckon).

I'm so glad I didn't keep my resolution.

Ice 16

No comments:

Post a Comment