Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 25 January 2015

Back to School - 2015 Edition

Yesterday I donned my inline vapor skates for the first time in four weeks and went down the local primary school for a practice hit out.  It's about time I did as the season recommences next week.  Also, with the list of identified weaknesses from my game last Sunday and my failure to attend Knights training on Thursday night (bloody pressures of work, grrrrr) I have been feeling a real need to do something to improve the aspects of my game that so let me down.

I was gone an hour.  In that time I went through my hundred shot routine from the 15' circle, hitting the target pole 6/8/5/3 times with wrist snap, writs shot, forward snap and backhand respectively. 

Before I commenced the shooting I spent about ten minutes stickhandling a puck at low to moderate speed on a slalom course.  In between sets of the 25 shots I performed short exercises in skating agility (figure eights with transitions each way, left and right, and then the 'crossover walk' each way, crossovers only and then crossovers interleaved with cross behinds).  After my shooting I did five max accelerations between the 'blue lines' from a rolling start (pushing me into the anerobic zone).  Pushed myself extra hard up the hill on the skate home.

It felt a bit disconnected for a training session.  I will know today when I go and repeat the dose what aspects are having a (marginal) immediate effect.  But the main value was just getting myself back on the inlines and getting the blood pumping.

Inline 1

No comments:

Post a Comment