Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Australia Day Skate

On Australia Day (Monday) we had a bit of a BBQ at our place in the arvo so the only chance for a skate was in the morning.  As the kids were busy I wasn't going to go down the Ice Arena so it was a case of lace up the vapors and skate down to the school for an hour.

I spent about ten minutes stick handling my hockey ball in the spaces between the four pucks I had placed in a row across the neutral zone as I skated down one side then the other of them, followed by sweeping slaloms while deking the puck with tight turns at each end.  I then did the usual hundred shots at 15', reasonable results at 7/4/7/3.  In between my four sets of 25 I did my figure eight transitions with poke check at the end of each loop and in the central crossover.  Finished up the session with a some sprints across the neutral zone with the puck on my stick and a shot at 30'.

The first guest had arrived by the time I skated home and a great afternoon was had by all.

Inline 3

No comments:

Post a Comment