Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 20 December 2014

Wednesday Skate

Amidst the craziness of my work at this time of year it becomes all the more important to get a bit of ice time in.  I failed to get to training on Tuesday (ended up walking home from town along the Torrens river, a few kilometres of pleasant stroll, didn't leave enough energy considering I am still getting over the viral bug) so made sure I got there on Wednesday.

Went with B, now that he's on school holidays I can keep him out a bit later.  He enjoyed the fact that it was night time, good music, generally better skaters around him.

I just took it pretty easy (as seems to be my wont these days), chatting with other skaters more than anything.  Quite a few hockey players from different teams with whom I was able to swap observations and experiences.  Perhaps most significant was a goalie from our division who'd watched our game on Monday.  Unprompted, she complimented me on playing a good game in D on the night.  She'd noticed quite a bit of the push and shove, and that I'd kept their A Skater to one garbage goal for which there wasn't anything much I could have done. 

Always nice when someone notices.

No comments:

Post a Comment