Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 6 December 2014

Wednesday Skate

Jess and Craig were going to the Ice Arena on Wednesday night and asked me along.  Or, rather, they assumed I'd be going and invited themselves.  Whatever, I ended up going with them.  I probably wouldn't have gone if they hadn't as I felt rather tired in the legs.  Presumably skating nine of the previous eleven days, after several weeks of once or twice a week, had worn them out.

We were there a bit over an hour.  I didn't put myself into any form of overdrive, instead spending a fair amount of time just doing laps and chatting to a couple other hockey players about the season so far.  I probably spent more time skating backwards than forwards, and putting into play several of the navigational aids I'd learned from a video posted by Christian, but beyond that I wasn't at all driving myself hard.

Craig, on the other hand, was working on his hockey stops.  And Jess, skating backwards.  Those two will get there.

When I got home I was a bit buggered.  Nothing however compared to yesterday and today with almost no energy in my legs.  Hopefully it will come back by Saturday night's game at Gawler.

No comments:

Post a Comment