Fridge

Fridge

Monday 3 November 2014

Sunday Skate

The Knights had the bye during the current round in Div II ice hockey so I had Sunday afternoon off.  Came through on my promise to B, that we'd get to the Arena on those weekends when I don't play on Sunday.  We were accompanied by Craig, who is definitely developing a taste for the sport of skating.

We were there just under ninety minutes.  I stayed on the rink the whole time.  I didn't go over once.  I took it very easy for the first fifteen minutes, then slowly worked my way through the various maneuvers, paying particularly careful attention to those that have previously given me discomfort or pain.  The only maneuvers that I drilled with any discipline were maybe thirty stops, tight gliding turns, 'running' crossovers.  I spent much of my time skating backwards, trying to replicate a few of the moves I do fairly comfortably forwards (eg C cut power strokes, slalom and outside edge turns, alternating crossunders).

By the end of the session I'd given my body a good workout, hitting about 90% effort at times.  The knee held up admirably, and didn't swell later.  Starting to regain my skating confidence.  It's now been four weeks since I was crashed and trampled.  On schedule, in other words.

I have Knights training on Tuesday, possibly a public skate on Wednesday, Wheelers game on Saturday.  I'll need to keep my priorities clear, DON'T injure myself again before the game on Sunday arvo, DO push my limits further with each session and start regaining game condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment