Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 23 November 2014

Midday Skate (and Knights shutout Flyers)

Today, I went for a short river skate at midday to stretch the legs after a rainy day off yesterday.  I did it in the reverse of usual anti-clockwise direction for the express intent of giving me my hardcore hill climb at the end.  I gave myself short five pace sprints along the smooth river path, transitions along the smoothest stretch of quiet side street that I covered, and powered up the hill in less strides than I have in quite a while.  This was followed by a good stretch and a hearty lunch, as game preparation for Knights v Flyers later in the afternoon.

I'll post a 'game day' report later this week, once the videos have been uploaded (thanks Lizardking!) and I have seen the official match card.  For the present, suffice to say that we shutout the Division leader Flyers 4-0.  This was their second loss to us (both shutouts), their only losses this season.  Tommy was on song in the goals, we were playing more like a team than previously, I was on the ice for three of our goals (albeit one when I had literally taken one step onto the ice during a line change when it went in).

No comments:

Post a Comment