Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 15 November 2014

Game Day - Rockers (5) d Wheelers (2)

It seemed that the puck gods were against us tonight, though is obviously not the only reason we lost so comprehensively to the Rockers.  We might have had 26 shots on goal to their 13, but we didn't have the cannon who scored all five of their goals.  Weak excuses?  Perhaps, considering we defeated them in the first round of the season, but it seemed we didn't do anything very wrong in our game tonight and it seemed to make no difference.  I guess some nights are like that!

We kept the same lines as we had last week, and everybody had shots on goal.  We all covered defence fairly well.  One of their goals was gotten on the break, one was an unchecked forward in the goal mouth, the rest were slapshots from thirty feet.

Despite the scoreline, I was fairly happy with my defensive game.  I blocked or deflected several shots and more passes, did a couple of stick checks (including one from behind a breaking Rocker, much to his disgust), delayed and forced onto the outside their star attackers on several occasions.  My passing was pretty good, although one was intercepted.  I had four faceoffs and won three.  Crashed into the boards several times, slightly straining my left tricep in an offensive jam in the corner.  I had six shots on goal, all trapped by their young goalie, and went off to the side on three.  None went in.  I set up our first goal, directing Krystal into the net and passing off to Craig who then moved it to her and then in.  I wasn't credited with any points.  I was on for both of our goals and two of theirs.

If anything, we could do a bit more talking amongst ourselves.  Apart from that, one can't complain about having 26 shots as a team.  Will just have to learn to shoot harder!

Tomorrow night, Knights v Sharks at the Ice Arena at 6:15pm.

GP 4 G 5 A 3 Pts 8 +6 1/1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment