Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 30 November 2014

Friday Shoot

I'm dropping behind in trying to keep up with events in this skating life so will probably keep things short until back in 'real time'.

Following my revelation on Thursday evening that I'll have to step up a bit on the D (because the Knights were going to be down two of our best D's on Sunday) I decided to concentrate entirely on shooting with some power.  So I did.

One hundred shots from the 30' line, 5 hit the pole.
One hundred shots from between 60' and 90', 4 hit the pole.
25 forehand shots from 15', 5 hit the pole.

My hard hits from distance weren't real slapshots, where the stick hits the floor surface an inch or two behind the puck to generate additional whipping 'flex' energy in the shot, but full blooded strikes on the puck from a backswing.  I was reasonably happy with the accuracy, was starting to get the weight transfer happening by the last half of the session.

All in all, worth the effort and will repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment