Fridge

Fridge

Saturday 20 September 2014

Game Day - pre game, pre season and fees paid

Today is the Grand Finals Day at the North Vikings Inline Hockey Club.  My team, the Wheelers, play at 2:45pm against our most consistent opposition from across the season, the Shufflers.  It should be a good game.  They probably have the best pair of shots, and match our best two skaters with theirs.  We have have better depth, however, so it will be a tight game I expect.  Hopefully no shoot outs!

I haven't had much skating time since my last game.  This is not ideal, but work has been almost crushing in its intensity over the past month so there's been little choice.  I am glad that I went out last weekend for a bit of shooting practice and a bit of ice conditioning.  I might go out for a short morning skate shortly just to remind the muscles of what is required.

I'll be having to get to the rink in a fairly convoluted fashion, taxiing it to Wayne's, driving Shaun's car up to Gawler, dropping the gear off at the rink and then taking the car to Shaun's before walking back to the rink.  Putting a positive spin on it, the walk should serve as a warm up before getting my gear on.

Getting back won't be much simpler, starting with a walk to the train station, an hour trip back to the city, and then wait and catch the bus back home.  Hopefully I'll be able to catch most of the last half of Port Power's game (they're battling Hawthorn in a Prelim Final for the right to take on Sydney next week in the Grand Final).
*
I've paid my first instalment of season fees for Summer Ice Hockey season, so it won't be long now before my name turns up on a team list.  I am assuming that if the Knights still exist I'll be wearing the green again.  This would be my preference, but we'll wait and see what happens.  I'm thinking of busing it down to the Arena tomorrow afternoon to keep up my 'getting to know the ice again' period of pre season conditioning.
*
Off Ice, I did my best to keep up a routine with my strength training through this week.  Yesterday, double circuit of 12 reps upper body in the evening, and a triple 12 rep circuit lower body workout in the morn.  Thursday and Wednesday were crowded out with work.  Tuesday was single 11 rep upper body in the evening.  Monday, 11 rep upper body in the morn (single circuit) and triple 11 rep circuit lower body in the eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment