Fridge

Fridge

Friday 15 August 2014

Game Day - Bumpers (4) d Wheelers (2)

Late on Saturday night I finally gathered the courage to log in from Geelong and check how my inline team, The Wheelers, had gone in their Round 10 game back in Gawler.  Sadly, we lost.  This was the second win in a row by the Bumpers, they'll be chuffed.  It looks like Marilyn and Alex seem to be consistently in the thick of it, with Matt the skater chipping in for his usual goal.  Besides myself, Matt the goalie and Brenton were absent, so half our team would have been fill ins.  The Bumpers had a couple also.  I remain in the top five for both assists (equal with two others with 6) and for points (4th, 13 points).  We remain second on the ladder (the Rockers and Shufflers had a 2 all draw, which keeps us a half game ahead of the Rockers, and the Shufflers a game and a half clear of us) with two games to go before the finals.

I'm looking forward to returning to the roster on Saturday.  I'll have to try and get an hour or two's skating in between now and then.  Even so, I'll need to be careful to skate fairly short shifts, and make sure the rest of the team does also.

No comments:

Post a Comment