Fridge

Fridge

Sunday 13 July 2014

Wednesday Night Skate

As it's now school holidays there was no Vikings training at Gawler, nor A Grade ice hockey at the Ice Arena.  Which in turn meant that the pubic skating session was on the big ice, to the music of Steve the DJ.  And, just to add a final bonus, being school holidays meant that B could stay out late on a weeknight.  So we went skating on the big ice.

While B went and did his thing (meeting up with a footy mate also out on a holiday event) I got skating.  A bit of overspreed sprints (x 10), transitions, stops on the end boards (x100) and just general skating fun for an hour and a half. 

I crashed over once early on while talking to Nuono as I transitioned from backwards to forwards and my skate edge caught.  I crashed right near the end onto my knees in a spinning slide after trying a stop coming out of  a overspeed sprint.  Both falls were on almost the same spot on the ice.  I got a 'deep' bruise on the lower buttock a day later from the first, and a sore knee immediately from the second (with the slightest hint of a bruise).  Blake saw them both, and had a couple falls himself from pushing it over the safety limit.  Neither of us severely hurt, both back on our feet pronto.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment