Fridge

Fridge

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Training to be stronger

I pumped iron for the second day in a row this evening.  I have had my week off of extreme sport, read my background material, spoken to my most trusted personal trainer, made my commitment.  And then someone dropped off a barbell (?) for single hand use which can go down to as low as 2kg of weights plus the bar (probably another 2kg).  And I had Nancy nearby the first time I used them to point out the probably obvious things such as angles and posture and so forth.  Today I used them alone.

The workout is simple, being as I don't want to go too overboard on this in the coming month.  Last night, sets of twelve with both right and left arm doing curls, straightarm forwards and sideways, and reach over the shoulder lifts, followed by cool down stretches for the upper body (plus my usual leg stretches).  Followed by fruit juice and food.  Tonight, the same except I did sets of fifteen.

Apparently rather than keep adding, I should start cycling through sets when I feel capable.  Tomorrow I'll have a rest day to allow for a bit of muscle repair (I'm told that the full work out system rotates through different muscle sets so as to not over strain or develop any single group, and to allow for recovery - at least two days off a week).

I certainly feel like I've worked out quite a collection of muscles in the upper body (my nominal aim).  Tomorrow I'll start off the lower body and core work, and then run the two projects in tandem, morning and afternoon, staging my days off, and see where I get in a month.

Looking forward to another social skate tomorrow night at the ice arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment