Fridge

Fridge

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Big weekend coming, and more around the corner...

I didn't go skating tonight, could've been to Vikings training at Gawler (but only got home at about the time it started 40 minutes' drive away), could've gone down the ice arena later (but would've been on the small ice only).  Could've gone to Ice Academy last night (but had childcare duties).  So, it's good to know that I'll have a quality ice hockey weekend coming up.

Not that I'll be actually playing the game!  No, rather, I'll be going with Nancy and B to the International Ice Hockey (exhibition) game at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.  And, along with something like 17,000 people, will get to watch Canada v USA in one of five games they are playing around the nation at the moment.  Mainly NHL and CHL/AHL players, it's good quality to watch.  And we're front row in the Canadian corner, which makes it even better!  Sure are looking forward to it.

Earlier that day me and B will go for a session at the Ice House rink, carting our skates all the way to Melbourne for the privilege.  That will be fun, as always, and for B it will be the first time he has skated on a really full size rink with really smooth ice.  This may well be the highlight of his tenth birthday weekend (the reason we're taking him)!

 Speaking of B, the following weekend his 'Ice Blast' term begins (introduction to ice hockey in six 'lessons' that both stress the play aspect (half the time being ice games) as well as develop skills (a different aspect of basic skills for each of the first five weeks).  The sixth and final week the boys will play a real ice hockey game and get a certificate.  B is quite nervous about it.  Me?  I'm excited.

And speaking of playing Ice Hockey, C grade is getting closer, with some information leaking out of the organiser (while he waits for a committee to form around him).  It is sounding like 2 Divisions, with 4 sides in Div 1 and six in Div 2.  There might even be club involvement (ie affiliation to one of the higher grade established hockey clubs in Adelaide) in the Div 1 teams (if so, will pretty well make Div 2 a 'rec' league).  Still a couple months away by the sound of it but I need to get onto registration!

*

I've kept up with the commitment to building a bit more muscle onto my frame, doing a upper body circuit tonight (late), and a core/lower body circuit yesterday (early).  Somehow I am managing to keep to the schedule (though my 'off days' are a moving feast and I need to make constant adjustments to 'the plan' to match my busy life).

Tomorrow will be a rest day, and I hope to do a core circuit (ie. no equipment) on Friday and Saturday while in Melbourne.

By Sunday I expect I'll need a rest in any event!

No comments:

Post a Comment