Fridge

Fridge

Monday 21 April 2014

Monday Block Shoot

I took advantage of it being Easter Monday today and went for some inline shooting drills at my nearby primary school on my new wheels.  Temp was about 28'C, warmest it's been for almost a month, humidity about 27%.  Clouds and late afternoon autumn sun.  Fallen leaves my main litter issue on the court.

Dynamic shooting was kept simple, in sets of five, skating out from the goal circle, picking up a puck in the zone on forehand/backhand on the left/right side of the court, curling in around the centre of the blue line, and having puck on forehand as crossed back into the offensive zone and settled in for a shot at the circle (15').  Keeping to these combinations I shot the following (relatively poor) percentages (strike - rebound - strike & rebound on same play): 6-5-1, 6-3-1, 6-4-2, 5-2-0.  An aggregate of 23-14-4.  A shot/rebound percentage of 33%.

For my static shooting, results were also lower than my other most recent efforts, being 4, 5, 6 and 4 (for snap, wrist shot, forward facing snap and backhand respectively).  A percentage of only 19%.

Not disheartened, recognising the enervating effect of the weather and the long day sitting down yesterday combined with the lack of variety and creative evolution in the design of the drills I did, and the resultant corresponding lethargy of mind for what it was.

83 strokes up the hill to home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment