Fridge

Fridge

Tuesday 15 April 2014

2,250 shots and counting...

In a period of 24 days I had 10 sessions involving shooting. It was all on inlines at the local schoolyard, and is the only concentrated shooting practice I've had. I counted 2,250 individual shots during that time, of which 502 hit the the 'goal' (a netball goalpost about 2" wide) on the shot and another 35 on the rebound (in the 400 dynamic plays). A gross shooting percentage of 24.0%.

The only stats I kept on my first 100 shots on 21 March were distance (15') and on target percentage (22%). So, I guess I've improved!

In sessions 2-6 I shot at 35%, 19%, 19%, 31%, and 14%. Overall, shot at 21.7%. All of these sessions include 50 shots at 30' (total of 250 shots at that distance. My accuracy at 30'was 17.2%. Session 6 totaled only 150 shots and was a really low motivation day.

In Session 7 I introduced the 'new routine' of 100 each of static and dynamic at 15', concentrating on shooting mechanics for the static and integration with skating in the dynamic exercises. In sessions 7-10 I shot at 19%, 29%, 34% and 34%. If we include first time rebounds, these figures become 29%, 33%, 39% and 40%. Shows how important rebounds are to elevate relative scoring results!

My dynamic shooting percentage at 15' was 30% on goal on the initial shot. 12.5% of missed shots went in on the rebound. Which is a grand total of 39% shots/rebounds. Accuracy of type of shot/distance for remaining categories were: 15' Snapshot - 29%, Wrist shot - 26.1%, Full Face (snap) - 26%, and, Backhand - 15.1%. My 250 wrist shots from 30' were at 17.2% accuracy.

I think the sample size is large enough that the above figures mean something.  I'm not sure exactly what that something is - beyond the fact that I appear to be getting more accurate despite the increased complexity of the exercises. When I mix this thought with the subjective knowledge that my technique, speed, power and stick-handling are also massively improving, I think it is safe to say that I am getting better and furthering my ambition to become a better player.

Which makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment