Fridge

Fridge

Tuesday 18 March 2014

River Skate - Wince and Wear

Only a short post as I only went for a short skate today, and it's only a few minutes before the Winnipeg Jets game is shown on the tube.

Feeling a little better and less fatigued than yesterday, even though I got home from work a bit late, I put aside my excuses and put on my skates in the evening.  Still with low energy levels, although much improved, and with rapidly shrinking daylight (sun approaching horizon as I left home) I went for the 'short' river skate.  Despite my depleted energy levels and the fact that I pushed through without a break I didn't break a major sweat out and didn't tire any muscles out beyond the point of waking up.  Although partly due to better climate conditions (20'C instead of 40'C, 40% humidity instead of 0%), considering the last 500 or so metres are up hill, not too bad.  My condition has, I believe, improved since I first skated this route.

Getting home, the senses were heightened in the manner a good workout is wont to produce.  And I could get the faint whiff of the hockey smell wafting through from the clothing on the drying rack.  Pity really, as the items concerned weren't initially worn with this possibility in mind.  They were the T shirt and sweatshirt I put on about 20 minutes after tryouts, when I'd cooled down a bit and wiped away the sweat.  I obviously had still been leaking out that peculiar odour associated with sweat produced during hockey games for a significant time afterwards.

It's a subject that deserves more attention, but for the moment I now know I will have to wash two of my favourite items of civilian wear a few more times before I can wear them without wincing!

No comments:

Post a Comment